The Ryzen 5 1600 is one of the best chips of its generation. It is still reliable due to its high performance, overclocking capacity, and fast speed. However, all this performance depends upon the other components used along with this fantastic processor.
The chip has 6 CPU cores with 12 threads. It has a base clock of 3.2 GHz which can be maximized up to 3.6Ghz. The Ryzen 5 1600 requires motherboards to have an AM4 socket. This chip was used for gaming purposes, so it requires some high-end motherboards that support the latest GPUs and DDR5 RAM for maximum performance.
If you are looking for motherboards that work well with Ryzen 5 1600 chip, then you have come to the right place. We have made things easier for you. Here, the top motherboards are listed, using this fantastic Ryzen processor and giving you the best performance.
MSI Gaming AMD Ryzen B350
Our first motherboard pick that can go well with the Ryzen 5 1600 is the MSI Gaming Pro B350. This fantastic board is offered by a trusted brand and supports the latest generation RAM and GPUs. It also has a variety of expansion options. This flexibility will help you pair the Ryzen 5 1600 chip with different components according to your budget. You can quickly get a smooth gaming experience by choosing this motherboard for your Ryzen processor. Some of the top features of MSI Gaming Pro B350 are explained below.
- The motherboard comes with an AM4 socket. This means that it is compatible with our Ryzen 5 1600 chipset.
- You get AMD Ryzen series and 7th generation A-series processor support with this AM4 socket.
- It has 4 RAM slots.
- You get DDR4 support for your RAM sticks.
- The weight of the motherboard is around 3.40 pounds.
- The motherboard has enough fan headers for the installation of cooling fans.
- Moreover, an integrated heat sink keeps your system at optimum temperature even during heavy gaming.
- It supports the latest M. 2 technology for storage. This new technology is five times faster than the typical SATA III connection. So, enjoy the quick game boot-up speed with MSI Gaming Pro.
- You get onboard RGB lights which give your system a proper gaming look.
Stay Cool While Gaming
This motherboard is made for gamers. Therefore, it has the latest heat sink technology that helps to cool down the processor during heavy usage. There is also the capacity for multiple fans that can be installed separately. In addition, you get several headers on board for fans. All this makes this motherboard the best choice for the Ryzen 5 1600 chip.
- Supports the latest AMD Ryzen processors, including the Ryzen 5 1600 processor.
- Sleek design and sturdy built quality.
- Four slots for RAM which means that it can be used in pairs.
- Support for the latest DDR4 technology, which is faster than the previous generation tech.
- M. 2 storage which gives 32 Gbps fast transfer speed.
- Beautiful aesthetics due to the onboard RGB lights.
- A user-friendly interface gives the user complete control over customization.
- Smooth audio output due to Nahimic 2.
- The motherboard is a bit bulky in size.
- Installing components needs expertise due to their unique design.
Overall, this MSI Gaming PRO motherboard is the best fit for the Ryzen 5 1600 chip. It is compatible with our concerned processor and is also packed with features that are best for gaming. The support for DDR4 RAM, fast storage options with M. 2 technology, heat sink, and RGB lights makes it our number one pick for the best motherboards for the Ryzen 5 1600.
GIGABYTE GA-AB350-Gaming 3
The next motherboard that can go well with the Ryzen 5 1600 is the Gigabyte GA AB350. This is picked because of the expansion options that it provides. In addition, the board comes with multiple fan headers, the latest SSD storage support, enough RAM capacity, and GPU ports for giving you the best gaming experience when paired with a good chipset like Ryzen 5 1600. Some key features of the Gigabyte GA AB350 are shown below.
- The motherboard comes with an AM4 socket which supports the Ryzen 5 1600 chip.
- You get 4 DIMM ports for the RAM.
- The board has support for DDR4 memory.
- You get support for all the AMD A-Series chips.
- The latest USB 3.1 connectivity options are available.
- Along with the SATA ports, the board also has the latest M. 2 SSD connector.
- It weighs about 2.68 pounds.
- You get multi-zone RGB lights with easy customization options.
- The motherboard has an advanced cooling system.
- It has six internal temperature sensors.
- Additionally, there are five fan headers to incorporate external fans for enhanced cooling.
Fast Onboard Storage
The M. 2 ports provide the fastest transfer rate. They work at up to 32 Gbps, while the old SATA III connectors have a maximum speed of 6 Gbps. This brief storage option is beneficial as it lowers the PC’s boot speed and the game loading time.
- Support for all the AMD A-Series chips, including the Ryzen 5 1600 processor.
- Four DIMM slots for DDR4 RAM that can be expanded up to 64 GBs.
- The RAM sticks can be used in pairs to reduce the load.
- Fast M. 2 storage support.
- Multiple fan headers and internal temperature sensors.
- Onboard RGB lights with various color combinations.
- PCIe slots for latest generation GPUs.
- A large number of USB connectors for external devices.
- Sturdy yet modern design for durability.
- The board has no USB Type C support.
All in all, this AB350 gaming motherboard by Gigabyte is the best in its price range. It supports the Ryzen 5 1600 chip. Just pair it with the right components like the latest GPU, an SSD along with an HDD, and 8 to 16 GBs of DDR4 RAM, and you are set for the lag-free gaming experience.
ASRock AB350 PRO4 ATX Motherboard
This next motherboard is from ASRock, a trusted brand. The ASRock AB350 PRO4 ATX has all the features packed in it for maximum performance. It can be used to build a solid gaming machine. It supports the Ryzen 5 1600 processor. Moreover, the motherboard has slots that can be used to install the latest tech like GPU, SSD, and RAM. The board comes at an affordable price, so if you are on a budget and looking for a motherboard for your Ryzen 5 1600 chip, the ASRock AB350 is the best choice. Some of the features of this great ATX motherboard are listed below.
- The board comes with an AM4 Socket, so our Ryzen 5 1600 can be installed on this board.
- It contains 4 DDR4 dual-channel DIMMs for RAM.
- You get a maximum memory capacity of 64 GBs.
- There are 2 PCIe 3.0 and 4 PCIe 2.0 slots.
- The board contains 6 SATA 3 slots for storage drives.
- The onboard Realtek ALC892 7.1 means a smooth audio output.
- It weighs about 2.80 pounds.
- You get an advanced integrated heat sink and cooling mechanism.
- There is also an option of installing external fans as there are multiple fan headers available.
Easy BIOS settings
The AB350 PRO4 has a straightforward setup process. You do not have to go through a lot of stress while installing the BIOS. The interface is user-friendly and clear, so you don’t need any expertise to set things up.
- The ATX motherboard means that it is compact.
- Supports our Ryzen 5 1600 chipset.
- An AM4 Socket means Ryzen A series chips can also be used.
- Latest DDR4 RAM support.
- Enough memory capacity for gaming.
- RAM can be used in pairs.
- The PRO 4 has USB 3.0 connectors.
- It comes with an M. 2 port for SSD support.
- A large number of storage devices connectivity ports.
- A smooth and sleek design gives the system a gaming look.
- Black and white unique color scheme.
- A user-friendly interface.
- Fewer fan headers than the previous motherboards on this list.
All in all, this ASRock PRO motherboard is valuable for its price. Its small form factor makes it desirable for those who want good performance while maintaining a clean look. Moreover, it has everything you need for lag-free gaming. Besides, it also supports the Ryzen 5 1600 chip, which can be paired with suitable components to build a durable and future-proof gaming machine.
ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING
Our next pick for the Ryzen 5 1600 chip is the ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F gaming motherboard. This board comes in two sizes that are, the ATX and the micro ATX. SO, you can pick one up according to your preference. It supports the latest 7th generation and 2000 series AMD processors. In addition, there is plenty of RAM capacity for gamers and other complex tasks like video editing. Some of the best features of this ASUS ROG motherboard are given in detail below.
- The board is available in both ATX and micro ATX form factors.
- Both variants are packed with almost similar features and only differ in their size.
- It weighs about 1.5 pounds.
- It has an AM4 socket that can integrate the Ryzen 5 1600 chip.
- Maximum capacity and connectivity due to NVMe M. 2 slot.
- You get support for the latest DDR4 technology.
- 4 DIMMs slots can support up to 64 GBs of memory.
- It contains Aura Sync RGB LED lights for a beautiful look.
- You get an integrated heat sink that helps to keep the system cool even during heavy usage.
- There are multiple headers for the external cooling fans.
- You get integrated SUPREME FX support which gives a smooth audio output.
- The board comes with 5-Way optimization which allows overclocking at one click.
- It is built with metal framing, which enables you to use heavy GPUs without any worry.
The ROG STRIX B350 lets you overclock to 3200MHz due to its support for the DDR4 memory. However, you can get the best performance by using all four RAM slots and thus divide the workload by pairing the RAM sticks. This will give you a smooth system functioning even while multitasking.
- Two form factors in choosing from.
- Support for Ryzen 5 1600 processor.
- DDR4 technology support.
- Four RAM slots to help you get the maximum performance.
- M. 2 connector for SSD, which is faster than the old storage drives.
- Onboard RGB lights give a better gaming look.
- Exquisite audio quality thanks to the SUPREME FX.
- 5-Way optimization for overclocking.
- More than enough memory capacity.
- Sturdy built which can last longer.
- Multiple fan headers for external CPU cooling fans.
- Integrated heat sink.
- A little difficult BIOS setting.
- Limited external device connectivity options.
Overall, the ROG STRIX B350-F by ASUS is a well-built and future-proof motherboard. It supports the Ryzen 5 1600 chip and gives plenty of expansion options for the users to pick components according to their budget and need. In addition, its RGB LED lights, sturdily built, and unique aesthetics make it the best option for building a gaming computer.
ASRock Mini-ITX Motherboard – AB350
If you want a Mini ITX motherboard for the Ryzen 5 1600, the ASRock AB350 is the best option. This board supports our concerned chipset, and the main advantage is its compact form factor. Despite its small, size it has all the features that you need for gaming. It supports the latest DDR4 RAM
and has a PCIe slot for an external GPU. Moreover, you get an integrated heat sink to optimize your CPU at the right temperature while gaming. Some of the highlighting features of this tremendous mini motherboard are given below.
- It comes with an AM4 socket for AMD Ryzen processors.
- There are two DIMMs slots.
- It contains six core VRMs for cooling.
- There are headers for external CPU fans.
- You get 1 PCIe slot and 4 SATA 3 connectors.
- High-definition audio output thanks to the integrated Realtek ALC1220 7.1.
- It weighs about 1.72 pounds.
- A variety of ports on the rear for maximum connectivity.
- Some ports are Intel LAN, PCI-E steel slots, Creative Sound Blaster Cinema 3, Dual Band 802.11ac WiFi, and Premium Power Choke.
Mini ITX Form Factor
The main feature of this fantastic motherboard is its compact size. It can be used to make a neat gaming computer that can easily compete with other full-size motherboard PCs. Despite its small size, it still gives you enough RAM and Storage space to fulfill your tight budget needs.
- An AM4 socket on which the Ryzen 5 1600 can be installed.
- Six core VRMs for cooling.
- An extensive range of connectivity ports on its rear.
- Accessible BIOS settings and user-friendly interface.
- DDR4 RAM support.
- Steel-built PCIe slot for handling bulky graphics cards.
- A high-end audio experience.
- Sleek design and sturdy built quality.
- A budget-friendly motherboard.
- It lacks the latest USB Type-C support.
- Only two RAM slots.
In a nutshell, this ASRock mini ITX motherboard is an excellent option for people looking to build a Ryzen 5 1600 based gaming computer but want to keep it neat and compact. The small form factor and latest features are the reason that we have picked this motherboard. It can provide you with a great gaming experience even on a tight budget.
MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4
Another MSI motherboard that is compatible with the Ryzen 5 1600 chip. MSI is a renowned brand, so that you can pick this excellent product without any second thoughts. This board supports the latest RAM and GPU technology. It also has an integrated advanced heat sink design built for gaming. It also supports all the latest generation AMD Ryzen processors, so you have many options to choose from. It is also insanely affordable. Some of the features of this MSI B450 motherboard are discussed below.
- The board comes with an AM4 Socket which means that it supports the Ryzen 5 1600 processor.
- It is also compatible with the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generation AMD Ryzen chips.
- It weighs about 3.12 pounds.
- It contains 4 DIMM ports that support DDR4 RAM.
- You can add a total of about 64GB of memory.
- The board includes an M. 2 slot that can house an SSD.
- It supports more cores, thus provides better performance.
- The motherboard is based on an extended heat sink design which helps to cool the system during heavy usage.
- It contains a PCIe steel armor port for handling bulky GPUs with ease.
- An integrated Audio Boost to amplify the gaming experience.
- The BIOS setting can be quickly done due to the presence of the flash BIOS button.
Larger Heat Sink
The MSI B450 has an extended heatsink on top of the VRMs, which help to dissipate the heat quickly and more readily. In addition, the large heat sink has an advantage over the traditional heat sinks as it provides extensive surface area for heat exchange.
- Supports the latest Ryzen 3000 series processors, including the Ryzen 5 1600 chip.
- Has 4 RAM DIMMs.
- Supports the latest DDR4 RAM technology.
- Enough RAM capacity to perform heavy-duty tasks.
- M. 2 port for SSD support.
- An advanced and extended heat sink for better cooling.
- Easy BIOS settings.
- Onboard RGB lights for better aesthetics.
- Audio Boost for a fantastic gaming experience.
- The board is cheap for the features it offers.
- Contains headers for external cooling fans.
- A sleek and modern-looking motherboard.
- The GPU slot is protected with steel armor to prevent any damage to the GPU.
- Setting up this feature-packed motherboard can be a bit difficult.
All in all, this MSI motherboard is one of the best motherboards that can be paired with a Ryzen 5 1600 chip. You can easily game on this board by adding a good GPU and using 8 to 16 GB of RAM for longer durations. Moreover, there is a lot of expansion capacity offered by MSI on this B450 MAX motherboard. This lets you choose other components according to your need and your budget.
ASRock B450 Steel Legend
As the name suggests, this ASRock B450 motherboard is a legend. It supports the Ryzen 5 1600 processor. The key benefit is its robust build quality. It is made up of steel armors that protect most of the components. In addition, ASRock has provided its customers with some tremendous RGB lights on the board to prevent a dull look. Besides, it also contains support for the latest computer components that are necessary for gaming. Some features of this B450 Steel Legend are discussed below.
- The board has an AM4 Socket that can be used to integrate the Ryzen 5 1600 chip.
- The AM4 socket supports 105W water cooling.
- It has 4 RAM slots with DDR4 support.
- You can use up to 64 GB of RAM at max.
- You get Dual M.2 slots for SSDs.
- These M.2 slots are protected by steel armor.
- You also get 6 SATA 3 ports for adding storage devices.
- It is a PCIe steel slot that makes sure that even the heavy GPUs are installed in place properly.
- Built-in RGB lights for better aesthetics.
- There are also multiple headers for external fans and RGB LED lights.
- Extra-large Heat Sink, which keeps your system cool.
Tough as Steel
Steel Legend is built for long-lasting durability. It is packed with the most demanding features and is protected by steel armor. The aluminum alloy heat sink, steel PCIe slot, and M.2 slot steel armor protect the essential and expensive components of the system. This sturdiness makes sure that the system works smoothly with stability.
- Dual M.2 slots for SSDs.
- Steel armor for the protection of all the components.
- A large Aluminum alloy heat sink for better heat dissipation.
- Support for the latest DDR4 technology.
- A steel PCIe slot.
- A modern yet solid design.
- Complete control on the onboard RGB lights and option for adding more lights.
- A user-friendly interface.
- Easy BIOS installation process.
- Support for both USB Type C and Type-A.
- An affordable option that can match all the needs.
- Heavy metallic build can be a turn-off for some people.
All things discussed, it can be said that the ASRock B450 is an excellent option for Ryzen 5 1600 chips. Its sturdy built, excellent RGB aesthetics, unique features, and easy interface are why we have listed this motherboard on the list for the best motherboard for Ryzen 5 1600. Besides, it is a cheap option that does not lack in performance.
ASUS PRIME A320M-K
The next motherboard is from ASUS. It is the cheapest on this list. It supports our Ryzen 5 1600 processor. Due to its low price has some limitations, but it can still integrate our Ryzen chip and give a decent gaming performance when used with the right components. Some of the basic features of ASUS PRIME A320-K are listed below.
The motherboard has an AM4 socket that can support up to 2000 series of AMD processors.
- You get 2 RAM slots that can support up to 32 GB of DDR4 RAM.
- It has a 5x protection hardware level that provides durability.
- It weighs about 1.50 pounds.
- You get two 3.0 USB ports.
- There are four SATA 3 ports for storage devices and other optical drives.
- It has a Safe Slot which is a fortified PCIe slot for GPU.
- This slot provides 1.6 times more muscular retention than standard slots.
- It has an optimized cooling system that controls every fan for smooth functioning and low noise.
- You get an M.2 slot for faster data transfer speed.
Fast Transfer and Connectivity
Despite the low price, the motherboard has both SATA 3 and M.2 storage connectors. This allows the user to install both an SSD and HDD simultaneously. Similarly, the board has USB 3.0 connectivity ports for fast transfer speed on external storage devices.
- Supports the Ryzen 5 1600 chip.
- It has the latest DDR4 technology RAM support.
- It contains both SATA 3 and M.2 slots for storage devices.
- Best affordable price.
- An easy interface that gives complete control to the user for maximum optimization.
- Accessible BIOS settings and does not require extensive effort.
- The components like RAM and GPU are easy to install.
- Only two RAM slots.
- Fewer expansion options.
All in all, this cheap motherboard by ASUS is the best option on a low budget. It contains all the latest support like DDR4 RAM slots, M.2 slot for SSD, USB 3.0 connectivity ports, and PCIe slot for GPU. This versatility allows the user to get maximum performance from this budget motherboard. As an icing on the cream, this Prime A320M-K motherboard also supports the Ryzen 5 1600 chipset.
MSI B450M BAZOOKA MAX WIFI Micro ATX AM4
The last motherboard paired with the Ryzen 5 1600 chip is the MSI B450 M Bazooka. This board is also a low-budget option for gamers. It supports all the latest AMD processors. Other features make this motherboard unique. Some of these features are discussed below.
- It has an AM4 Socket that can integrate the Ryzen 5 1600 processor.
- The motherboard also supports the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generation AMD processors with Vega Graphics.
- You get DDR4 support with 4 RAM slots.
- It has one M.2 storage port for SSD.
- You get Core Boost for maximum performance.
- There is multi-GPU support for a 2-way AMD crossfire.
- The M.2 slot has steel armor for enhanced protection.
- You get a multi-plated heat sink for maximum cooling of the CPU.
- There are multiple headers for external fans.
This MSI motherboard has tons of features that are convenient and easy to use. You can easily install all the components of the system on the board without much difficulty.
- Supports an extensive range of CPUs, including the Ryzen 5 1600.
- Fast storage and connectivity options.
- Supports DDR4 memory.
- Maximum 128 GB of memory capacity.
- Compact form factor as it is a Micro ATX motherboard.
- 2 PCIe slots for multiple GPUs.
- Modern and sleek design for a better gaming look.
- BIOS settings are a little difficult for inexperienced users.
Overall, this MSI motherboard is a perfect fit for the Ryzen 5 1600 chip. It has a large expansion option. You can pair this board with the latest GPU and 8 to 16 GB of RAM. Besides this motherboard is available at an affordable price. You can buy this MSI ATX motherboard without any hesitation and enjoy the best gaming experience.
This list consists of the best motherboard that can go with the Ryzen 5 1600 chipset. You can pick any one of them according to your need and get the best gaming experience. Just make sure that your other components like RAM, GPU, and SSD are compatible with the motherboard that you choose. Also, do not forget to add external fans to optimize your system. All the listed motherboards have expansion options that can be exploited as per the need. Get yourself an excellent case that has enough room to house your motherboard and all other components easily. We have made your search easier for you. Do not overthink and pick the one that you believe is the best for you. We have made sure that performance can not be compromised in any of these motherboards. These boards range from affordable to high-priced ones. But all of them have one thing in common: they can be paired with the Ryzen 5 1600 chip. This combination will guarantee the best gaming performance.
Also Read About How To Choose The Best Mechanical Keyboard: