Ed Sheeran Biography
Ed was born on February 17, 1991. He is an English singer, guitarist, songwriter, and actor. Ed Sheeran attended the Academy of Contemporary Music in Guildford in 2009. He learnt to play the guitar at Rishworth School. He began producing song scripts while attending Thomas Mills High School in Framlingham.
His debut album was released in September 2011. It topped the UK and Australian charts and has subsequently been certified seven times platinum in the UK. The track “The A-Team” from the album earned him the Ivor Novello Award for Best Song Musically and Lyrically. In 2012, Ed Sheeran received the Brit Awards for Best British Male Solo Artist and British Breakthrough Act.
Ed’s second album, “x,” was released in June 2014. It reached number one in both the United Kingdom and the United States. In 2015, “X” received the Brit Award for Album of the Year. At the 2016 event, his song “Thinking Out Loud” from x earned him two awards: Song of the Year and Best Pop Solo Performance.
Ed Sheeran’s third studio album was released in March of 2017. The album’s first two singles, “Shape of You” and “Castle on the Hill,” smashed records internationally, especially in the United Kingdom, Australia, and Germany. By March of 2017, Sheeran has broken the record for the most top ten UK singles from a single album.
Sheeran is widely regarded as one of the world’s best-selling musicians, having sold over 38 million albums and 100 million singles worldwide. In 2014, Sheeran collaborated with the charity band Band Aid 30 to record the new version of “Do They Know It’s Christmas?” at Sarm West Studios in Notting Hill, London, to raise cash for the West African Ebola virus outbreak.
Turn2us, a UK charity, sponsored Sheeran’s No Cold Homes initiative. Sheeran, Helen Mirren, Jeremy Irons, and Hugh Laurie gave winter clothing to the campaign to help poor people in the country who struggle to keep their homes warm in the winter. Sheeran and other UK celebs appeared on an episode of Gogglebox as part of Channel 4 and Cancer Research UK’s Stand Up to Cancer fundraising drive.
Sheeran also made his acting debut in 2014, with a cameo appearance in the New Zealand serial series Shortland Street. Edward Sheeran has appeared in several episodes of The Bastard Executioner and Home and Away.
Stay tuned to learn more about Edward Sheeran and his way of life.
Facts You Never Knew About Ed Sheeran
- He was born in Halifax and was raised within Framlingham, Suffolk.
- In the year 2011, Ed Sheeran independently released the extended version of the play 5 Collaborations Project.
- The track “The A Team” was nominated as a Song of the Year at the 2013 Grammy Awards, where Ed Sheeran performed the track along together with Elton John.
- Sheeran is a cousin to Gordon Burns who is a Northern Irish broadcaster. Gordan Burns was the host of The Krypton Factor, a British television show the Krypton Factor.
- Ed Sheeran was introduced at the National Youth Theatre in London as an adult.
- He is patron of The Youth Music Theatre UK and Access to Music. Ed Sheeran has studied Artist Development course at these theatres.
- The album “x” is recognized asthe second-highest-selling album globally in May of 2016.
- He was the first musician to release two singles on the US top 10 within one week.
- Sheeran was a member of the church choir in his hometown when he was only four years old.
- As a child the father of his child took him to live performances which helped to improve his musical abilities. The album that inspired Ed Sheeran to music was Van Morrison’s Irish Heartbeat.
- In June of 2015, Forbes listed his earnings of $57 million over the last 12 months and ranked him as the 27th highest-earning famous person on the planet.
Quick Facts About Ed Sheeran
NICKNAME: Ed, Tedy
FULL NAME: Edward Christopher Sheeran
PROFESSION: Singer, Songwriter, Rapper, Producer, Musician
AGE: 30 years old
DATE OF BIRTH: February 17, 1991
BIRTHPLACE: Hebden Bridge, England
RELIGION: Roman Catholic
ZODIAC SIGN: Aquarius
Ed Sheeran Education
Qualification: Rishworth School & Thomas Mills High School
School: Rishworth School
Thomas Mills High School
Ed Sheeran’s Photos Gallery
Ed Sheeran Career
Profession: Singer, Songwriter, Rapper, Producer, Musician
Salary: Not Known
Ed Sheeran Net Worth
Ed’s net worth is estimated to be £200 million.
Family & Relatives
Father: John Sheeran
Mother: Imogen Sheeran
Brother(s): Matthew Sheeran (Older Brother)
Spouse: Cherry Seaborn