Katy Perry (Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson) was born in Santa Barbara, California, on October 25, 1984, to Pentecostal preachers Mary Christine and Maurice Keith Hudson. Katy Perry is her official stage name. She is awesome singer and songwriter from the US. As a teenager, she pursued a career in gospel singing during her upbringing. Katy attended religious institutions and camps such as Arizona’s Paradise Valley Christian School and California’s Santa Barbara Christian School.
Katy Perry rose to popularity in 2008 with the release of her pop rock album, Katy Perry, and its hits “I Kissed a Girl” and “Hot n Cold.” The single I Kissed A Girl sparked debate due to its sapphic overtones. Teenage Dream, Katty Perry’s first number-one album in the United States, debuted at the top of the Billboard 200 in 2010. This album also charted at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 in the United States, with the songs “California Gurls”, “Teenage Dream”, “Firework”, “E.T.”, and “Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)”, while “The One That Got Away” charted at number three.
In March 2012, Katy Perry reissued the album as Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection, which included the songs “Part of Me” and “Wide Awake.” Prism, Katty Perry’s fourth album, was another to reach the top of the US charts (2013). Katy Perry became the first pop musician to get one billion views on Vevo thanks to the videos for her songs “Roar” and “Dark Horse.” Witness (2017), Katy’s fifth studio album, debuted at number one in the US.
Katty Perry has four Guinness World Records, five American Music Awards, a Brit Award, and a Juno Award to her name. Katty Perry was named the highest-earning woman in the music business on annual Forbes rankings from 2011 through 2018.
Katy Perry sold over 40 million albums and over 100 million records worldwide over her career, making her one of the best-selling music artists of all time. On December 3, 2013, Katy Perry was officially appointed a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador.
Katy Perry: Part of Me, an autobiographical documentary, was released in 2012. Perry created Katy Perry Pop, a smartphone app through Glu Mobile in December 2015, in which her characters help users become famous artists. Perry agreed to a $25 million contract to serve as a judge on ABC’s reboot of American Idol in March 2018.
Stay tuned to learn more about Katy Perry and her lifestyle.
Amazing facts you didn’t know Katy Perry
- Katy Perry, her first studio album Katy Hudson, was released in 2001. It was unsuccessful commercially.
- After listening to Queen’s “Killer Queen,” she decided to start a career in music as a professional musician at the age of 15.
- Teenage Dream was the first album to have five number-one singles in the U.S. and the second album after Bad by Michael Jackson.
- Katy Perry is of Portuguese, English, German, Irish and Irish descent.
- Katy Perry’s estimated net worth in 2016 was $125 million
- Frank Perry’s niece Katy Perry is a film director.
- “Chained to the Rhythm”, her most popular single, broke the Spotify record for the most streamed song within 24 hours of its release.
- Katy Perry portrayed Smurfette in The Smurfs (2011). She also voiced the sequel in 2013.
- Perry began serving as a judge in American Idol’s 2018 competition.
- Katy Perry discovered popular music by listening to CDs that she hid from her friends.
- Katy Perry made an appearance in the music video of Madonna’s song “Bitch, I’m Madonna” in June 2015.
- Perry performed at One Love Manchester advantage, a benefit show to honor the victims of the 2017 Manchester Arena Bombing.
- Perry performed with Clinton at the 2016 Democratic National Convention.
Quick Facts About Katy
- Popularity: Due to Singing
- Nick Names: Katy Hudson, Katy Brand, Katy Bird, Pickle, KP, & KatyCat
- Full Name of Katy: Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson
- Profession: Singer, Songwriter, & Businesswoman
- Katy’s Nationality: American
- Katy’s Age: 37
- DOB: October 25, 1984
- Birthplace: Santa Barbara, California, United States
- Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Katy Perry Education
High School: Qualification
School: Paradise Valley Christian School in Arizona Santa Barb Christian School in California
Dos Pueblos High School
Profession: Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Philanthropist, Businesswoman
- Album: Katy Hudson (2001).
- Television: The Young and the Restless (2008)
Net Worth $295 Million
Families & Relatives
Father: Mary Christine, nee Perry
Mother: Maurice Keith Hudson
Brother(s): David, (Singer).
Marital Status: Divorced.
Spouse: Orlando Bloom
- Justin York (2002-2003).
- Mathew Thiessen (2003-2006).
- Johnny Lewis (2005-2006).
- Travie McCoy (2007-2009)
- Josh Gorban (2009)
- Russel Brand (2009-2011).
- Baptiste Giabiconi (2012)
- John Mayer 2012-2014
- Diplo (2014-2015)
- Orlando Bloom (Currently Dating)
Katy Perry’s Favorites
Hobbies: Golf, Collecting Antiques
Favorite Color: Pink or Aqua.