At www.surveyreads.com we collect different types of information about our users for four main reasons:
- To provide personalised services unique to individual users.
- To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer.
- To sell advertising space on the site. This helps us to keep the site free of charge.
- With user consent, to market services to individuals’ users
Please read these at the time you register or subscribe for these services on these sites. www.surveyreads.com recognizes the importance of maintaining the privacy of every user who visits our website. We value your privacy and appreciate your trust in us. We are committed to be transparent about the data we collect about you, how it is used and with whom it is shared.
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time as required.
Information We Collect
We collect information directly from user(s), from third-parties and automatically through our websites/mobile applications.
Registration for the Services may require that you supply certain personal information such as name, age, sex, contact number, email address and demographic information (area, location, IP address etc) to register. To aid convenience, users can sign up on any of our sites, and we extend the same login credentials to sign in to any of the other sites. (Single Sign-on feature). You may also register or link your account through third party accounts such as Facebook, Google etc.
We collect limited information about your computer’s connection to the Internet, including your IP address, when you visit our site. Your IP address does not identify you personally. We also collect and may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of our website/apps such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, location, and requested and referring URLs. We also receive information when you view content on or otherwise interact with our website/app/services, even if you have not created an account. We use this information to deliver our web pages to you upon request, to tailor our site to the interests of our users, to measure traffic on the website. This information may also be used by our advertisers/third party companies to personalize content, ads etc.
How We Collect Information
We collect information directly from you when you register with us.
- We collect information (whether you are registered or not registered with us) when you browse our sites/apps, open or respond to an email from us (promotional or informational)
- When you post a comment on our website or raise a query/question to us through phone or email.
- We collect information from you using third party tools, browser cookies and web beacons in order to improve user experience.
- Device Information: We may collect non-personal information about the computer, mobile device or other device you use to access the service, such as IP address, geo-location information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language and other information for the purpose of providing customized information on the browser.
- Location Information: Our mobile application and websites may capture your current location if you choose to enable GPS feature in the app or browser.
Cookies are small text files which contain a small amount of information that is downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, or visit partner website which recognises that cookie, your device is able to communicate with our website and the website can read the information held in that cookie.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies in your browser settings. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to reject cookies if you prefer. You may find more help about managing cookies in your browser: Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox & Safari. This may prevent you from having complete website experience by affecting the access to some of the links, services or features. Information collected by cookies and web beacons is not personally identifiable.
Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
How We Use The Information
- To Provide and Manage the Services You Request:
This includes, for example, processing your subscription, sending you electronic newsletters, or enabling you to participate in the features provided by the Services. It also includes providing personalized content and recommendations to you, including by email. Through such features, we are able to bring you information and content tailored to your individual interests and needs.
- To Reach You:
We may periodically contact you with offers and information about the Services and our affiliates, including in connection with your accounts, online surveys, legal notices, news stories, new features that you are entitled to access, and other important information. You may opt out of receiving commercial email messages from us by following the instructions contained in those email messages.
- To Customise Advertising:
- Understand Our Readers and Users:
The Services conduct research on our users’ demographics, interests and behavior based on the information we collect. We do this to better understand and serve our users, and to improve our products and services.
- To Protect the Rights of the Services and others:
We may use your personal information as we believe is necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of the Services, its employees or agents, or other users and to comply with applicable law.
We may otherwise use your information with your consent or at your direction.
How We Share Your Information
The following provides information about entities with which we may share information. Our practices vary depending on the type of information.
- Logging In Through Social Media Services:
- Business Partners:
We may also share your information with business partners to provide you with services that you request.
- Service Providers:
We may share information with vendors providing contractual services to us, such as hosting vendors, advertising service providers, and list managers. We also may share your information, including your payment information, as appropriate to process your payments for the Services or complete a transaction.
- Other Parties When Required by Law or As Necessary to Protect Our Users and Services:
We may share your personal information as we believe is necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of the Services, our employees or agents or users or to comply with applicable law or legal process, including responding to requests from public and government authorities.
We may share information within our family of affiliated companies and business associates.
- Third Parties that Provide Content, Advertising, or Functionality:
- Other Parties in Connection With a Corporate Transaction:
We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party, such as in the event of a merger, acquisition, or in connection with a bankruptcy reorganization.
- Otherwise With Your Consent or At Your Direction:
- We also may share other information with third parties in a manner that does not identify particular users, including, for example, aggregated data about how users are using our Services.
- Links to Third-Party Sites :
Our Services may link to third-party websites and services that are outside our control. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by other websites or other services. You should exercise caution, and review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites and services you use.
Transfer Of Personal Data
Children’s Personal Data
We do not aim any of our products or services directly at children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal data about children under 13. Some of our services may have a higher age restriction and this will be shown at the point of registration. If you are a minor i.e. under the age of 16 years, you may use our products or services only if the consent is provided by the holder of parental responsibility over you
How Long We Keep Your Personal Data
We retain your information for as long as it is necessary to provide you with the service so that we can fulfil our contractual obligations and rights in relation to the information involved. Where we do not need your information in order to provide the service to you, we retain it only as long as we have a legitimate business purpose in keeping such data or where we are subject to a legal obligation to retain the data. We will also retain your data if necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. For example, we may need to use it to answer your queries about a product or service and as a result may keep personal data while you are still using our product or services. We may also need to keep your personal data for accounting purposes, for example, where you have bought a subscription. If we no longer need your data, we will delete it or make it anonymous by removing all details that identify you. If we have asked for your permission to process your personal data and we have no other lawful grounds to continue with that processing, and you withdraw your permission, we will delete your personal data.
Access To Personal Information
You may access or modify your personal information by signing on to the website. We will not modify the information provided by you. However, you must update your personal information as soon as such changes are necessitated
Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law(s). However, we will retain the required personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, Avoid/check illegal and/or potentially prohibited activities and to enforce User Agreements; Comply with any court judgment / decree / order / directive / legal & government authority /applicable law; Investigate potential violations or applicable national & international laws; Investigate deliberate damage to the website/services or its legitimate operation; Detect, prevent, or otherwise address security and/or technical issues; safeguard p the rights, property or safety of company and/or its Directors, employees and the general public at large; Respond to Claims of third parties; and take such other actions as may be permitted by law.
Your Rights With Regard To The Personal Data That We Hold About You
If you would like to have a copy of the personal data we hold on you or if you think that we hold incorrect personal data about you, please write at firstname.lastname@example.org We will deal with requests for copies of your personal data or for correction of your personal data within one month. If your request is complicated or if you have made a large number of requests, it may take us longer. We will let you know if we need longer than one month to respond. You will not have to pay a fee to obtain a copy of your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
- Where you have provided us with consent to use your personal data, you can withdraw this at any time.
- Where applicable, you may also have a right to receive a machine-readable copy of your personal data.
- You also have the right to ask us to delete your personal data or restrict how it is used. There may be exceptions to the right to erasure for specific legal reasons which, if applicable, we will set out for you in response to your request. Where applicable, you have the right to object to processing of your personal data for certain purposes.
- You have the right to have data which we process based on your consent or in fulfillment of a contract automatically delivered to yourself or to a third party in a standard, machine-readable format. If you require the direct transfer of data to another responsible party, this will only be done to the extent technically feasible.
Deleting Your Information
You may submit a request to access or delete the information we have collected about you by sending your request to us at email@example.com We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law and subject to proper verification.
Reach Out To Us
For any complaint related to our services or content of the website the aggrieved person may raise the query/complaint within a period of 7 (seven) days from the date of first publication to the email id mentioned herein: